Thursday, December 14, 2006

Going Through Tough Times

Sadaguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai.


From Shri Sai Satcharitra

Chapter XXII

Sai Baba
"God lives in all beings and creatures, whether they be serpents or scorpions. He is the Great Wirepuller of the world, and all beings, serpents, scorpions etc., obey His command. Unless He wills it, nobody can do any harm to others. The world is all dependent on Him, and no one is independent. So we should take pity and love all creatures, leave off adventurous fights and killings and be patient. The Lord (God) is the Protector of all.


Last few days were really tough. Tough on the mind. All kind of insecurities were at attack on mind. The attack of insecurities also suggests that the faith in Sai Baba is not yet total. Though Sai Baba took care of many things in a miraculous way.

There were also attacks from friends and relatives, the mental attacks. Of not being good at anything and not being able to fulfill the responsibilities. All the time I was watching Sai Baba’s pictures and letting the words injure the mind.

It was much painful and I was watching Sai Baba’s picture and letting it happen. I was letting it happen as SaiBaba’s will, there was no complain for the speakers whose words were injuring the mind. I was enduring the pain as the essential, as something good for me, as a gift from Sai Baba to get me closer to him. All the time, for three days I was watching Sai Baba’s picture and Sai Baba’s grace, Baba’s Nazar was sustaining me in those difficult times.

Also due to
Sai Baba’s grace there was no complaints against the complainers whose complains were injuring the mind. (Let anybody speak hundreds of things against you, do not resent by giving any bitter reply. If you always tolerate such things, you will certainly be happy. Sai Baba in Chapters XVII & XIX). I was just letting the injuries to the mind happen as something essential for the growth, something essential for getting closer to Sai Baba, if it had come to me, it was necessary for me, otherwise Shri Sai Satcharitra Sai Baba would not have given it to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

om srisairam gurudevadatta,

this is one of the best sites on sai baba, your journey towards spirituality is very enlightening. i am very happy to find the work of meher baba on baba sai. great links.

baba bless you with faith and patience

రామ ShastriX said...

Very interesting, Alpesh. Forgiveness in the face of provocation is a great way to live, as you have been doing. With our gaze turned inwards towards Baba, this certainly becomes easier.

As the Quran says: "Be quick in the forgiveness from your Lord, and pardon (all) men—for Allah loves those who do good." More….

God gives and forgives. Man gets and forgets.

Anonymous said...

Footprints In The Sand -- Too Good To Read

One night I dreamed I was walking
Along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that
During the low periods of my life when I was
Suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,
So I said to the Lord, "You promised me,
Lord, that if I followed You,
You would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods
Of my life there have only been
One set of prints in the sand.
Why, When I have needed You most,
You have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you."

Post a Comment

Om Sai Ram!

Share your thoughts and experiences!

For comments to be approved - Please use proper grammer, ie use proper spellings, spaces and a capital letter after full stop and such.

If your comment is long, use paragraphs for easier reading experience.

Do not use all capital letters all the way.